Welcome by Jean-François GAHUNGU, CEO, CORESO
Keynote speeches will focus on how the Clean Energy package will pave the way to the next decade: how to match climate agenda, more renewables, digitalization, increased cross-border flows and enhanced power system security? What are the contributions of the TSOs & RSCs to this agenda?
• Miguel ARIAS CAÑETE, European Commissioner for Energy, ‘The future of European regional cooperation, the Clean Energy Package and beyond’
• Olivier GRABETTE, Member of the Board, RTE
• Dr. Michael LOSCH, Director General for Energy and Mining, Austrian Federal Ministry for sustainability and tourism
• Ben VOORHORST, President, ENTSO-E
The System Operation Guideline is in place, and five Regional Security Coordinators are established, implementing five streamlined tasks. How to take regional specificities into account while ensuring the needed level of interoperability between the RSCs?
• Uwe ZIMMERMANN, Managing Director, TSCNET Services GmbH
• Louise NØRRING, Business Analyst, Nordic RSC (Energinet)
• Duško TUBIĆ, Director, SCC, South Eastern Europe RSC
• Märt ALLIKA, Head of Centre, Baltic RSC (Elering)
• Jan VAN ROOST, Chief Operating Officer, Coreso
Moderator: Sonya TWOHIG, Head of Operations, ENTSO-E
This session focuses on describing and challenging the current state of play of TSO cooperation. It will deep dive into the everyday life of an RSC and discuss some examples, like the draught & solar eclipse in 2015, the cold spell in early 2017 or frequency deviations: who does what in such situations?
Keynote speech: Joachim VANZETTA, Chair of the System Operations Committee, ENTSO-E (Amprion)
• Michel KOLLY, Head of Cross-commodity Trading & Origination, Alpiq
• Kamilla CSOMAI, CEO, Mavir
• Jens MØLLER BIRKEBÆK, Manager, Nordic RSC
• Joachim VANZETTA, Chair of the System Operations Committee, ENTSO-E (Amprion)
• Yolanda GARCÍA MEZQUITA, Policy Officer Security of supply, European Commission
Moderator: Georg ZACHMANN, Senior Fellow, Bruegel
This session focuses on the markets- and operations link. What is the role of RSCs notably in capacity calculation? What rules to put in place to ensure market functioning, maintain Europe’s exceptionally high level of security of supply and integrate more renewables.
Keynote speech by Oliver KOCH, DG ENER European Commission
• Christophe GENCE-CREUX, Head of the Electricity Department, ACER
• Konrad PURCHALA, Chair Markets Committee, ENTSO-E (PSE)
• Aurelie BEAUVAIS, Policy Director, Solar Power Europe
• Vera BRENZEL, Head of Political Affairs, E.ON
• Oliver KOCH, DG ENER European Commission
Moderator: Pascale FONCK, Vice Chair of the Board, ENTSO-E and Member of the Board of Coreso (Elia)
RSCs are developing a detailed knowledge of the power system at the regional level and are already performing assessments. What could be the options for the future?
Tahir KAPETANOVIC, Head of National Control Centre, APG
Danny KLAAR, Manager System Operations - International Development, TenneT NL
Sonya TWOHIG, Head of Operations, ENTSO-E
This session discusses why ITC solutions, and in particular the modelisation of the grid (European Common Grid Model), are paramount to regional power coordination. Cybersecurity challenges and answers will be part of the discussion.
Introduction: Jean-Michel GLACHANT, Director, Florence School of Regulation
• Laurent SCHMITT, Secretary-General, ENTSO-E
• Maik NEUBAUER, Managing Director, TSCNET GmbH
• Frauke THIES, Executive Director, SmartEn
Innovation is not only about new technology, but also about business models and processes. RSC are themselves test labs of new common solutions of the TSO, training next generation staff, testing and applying solutions. This breakout session will centre around innovation support needed for RSCs.
‘World cafe’ with:
Guido GUIDA, Chair of the Research, Development and Innovation Committee, ENTSO-E (Terna)
Cécile PELLEGRIN, Head of Service Development, Coreso
Alexander VAN DER MARK, Partner, Magnus
History shows that coordination between TSOs is necessary and crucial. Soon, full implementation of the five mandatory tasks will also be a key for success. This is not a revolution but instead an evolution towards enhanced cooperation. But what will come next? What are the expectations from shareholders? Are we ambitious enough?
‘World cafe’ with:
Maria Eugenia LEOZ MARTIN-CASALLO, Policy Officer, DG ENER
Susanne NIES, Strategy and Communication Manager, ENTSO-E
Fintan SLYE, Director UK System Operator, National Grid
Jean-François GAHUNGU, CEO, Coreso and Laurent SCHMITT, Secretary-General, ENTSO-E
Followed by a networking cocktail to celebrate 10 years of cooperation
TSCNET and CORESO as TSO cooperation founders